Rural Ambulance Infrastructure Reconfiguration (RAIR) Program
NSW Ambulance, in conjunction with Health Infrastructure, is improving its infrastructure assets across NSW to ensure high-quality emergency medical care continues to be delivered to regional and rural communities now and into the future.
The NSW Government’s $122 million Rural Ambulance Infrastructure Reconfiguration (RAIR) program includes 24 locations across New South Wales that will benefit from upgrade, rebuilt or entirely new ambulance stations.
The stations delivered in the program typically include: internal parking for ambulance vehicles; administration and office areas; staff amenities; logistics and storage areas and relief accommodation where needed.
RP Infrastructure (RPI) was appointed to provide both program management and project management services for the RAIR program.
Our services included:
• Program management with oversight of the whole of program delivery
• Overseeing a team of project managers undertaking the property, design and delivery scope of services, whilst providing Program Governance support to Health Infrastructure
• Identifying and mitigating risk, whilst advising on strategic decisions in terms of program delivery
• Providing design project management services
• Obtaining stakeholder, ministry and authority approvals
• Management of the revision to the RAIR Design Guidelines, inclusive of incorporating key learnings from completed stations
• Project Brief writing for each station, followed by tracking the issue of the briefs through Program Governance for noting or endorsement.